Workshop intended for actors, dancers, musicians, theatre instructors and for amateurs who are passionate about theatre, dance and music.
Wake up your own body and exceed its limitations. Open your voice and revive the word in an intensive action. In a releasing exhaustion, combine the sound with the rhythm, the rhythm with the movement, the movement with the word, the word with the song. Build precise theatre signs in a collective, polyphonic, choreographic and musical structures. Create a form for the organic spontaneity, restrain the physical element of your body. Discover the strength in the collective actor, which gives real power to the individual. Through dancing and singing, call and meet the Dionysus.
We invite you to the "Return of Dionysus - between Eurypides and Grotowski" – CHOREA Theatre Intensive Workshops, inspired by the work of Jerzy Grotowski and ancient Greek drama and music.
The work will be directed by Tomasz Rodowicz - actor, musician, theatre director, leader of CHOREA Theatre, former associate of Jerzy Grotowski, and the best instructors and artists from CHOREA group: Janusz Adam Biedrzycki, Majka Justyna, Tomasz Krzyżanowski, Małgorzata Lipczyńska, Elina Toneva.
CHOREA workshops are sharp, dynamic, physical, acrobatic, musical and collective. You will sing in polyphonic harmonies and disharmonies, you will dance in irregular rhythms - in a group and intensity. True Dionysian experience.
PROGRAM OF CHOREA INTENSIVE WORKSHOPS INCLUDES:
1. WORKING WITH THE BODY:
- Intensive physical workout with elements of acrobatics, martial arts and contemporary dance techniques
- Working with the partner and the space, learning how to support and secure the partner
- Working on body awareness, group awareness and concentration
- Working on dynamics and expression of movement, and on improvisation skills
- Learning choreographies inspired by iconography of ancient myths and iconography of contemporary culture, combined with intensive work with rhythm and musicality
2. WORKING WITH THE VOICE:
- Developing natural vocal possibilities, learning how to speak freely
- Opening the voice by using various vocal excercises and breathing techniques
- Activating body resonators, working on individual timbre and group sound
- Working with semi-tones, complex harmonic consonances, voice phenomenas and decorations
- Working with polyphonic songs from various folk traditions arranged by CHOREA musicians
3. WORKING WITH THE RHYTHM AND MUSICALITY:
- Working with irregular rhythms
- Activating the musicality of the whole body and the whole group
- Working with the common pulse of the group in action
- Working with complex coordination and rhythmic exercises, which incorporate simultaneous use of voice and movement