Master class workshops 'The Games' with Rosanna Gamson - choreographer, theatre director, Artistic Director of Rosanna Gamson/World Wide (RGWW) form Los Angeles (USA) in terms of Perspektywy Theatre Festiwal!
date: 17, 18, 19 November 2017 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
place: workshop space in CHOREA Theatre and Fabryki Sztuki in Lodz, 3 Tymienieckiego Street
leader: Rosanna Gamson (Rosanna Gamson World Wide, Los Angeles, USA)
to whom the workshop is headed: Dancers, Choreographers, Actors, Directors, need to be willing and able to move a lot
age of participants: Adult
number of participants: 20
what participants must bring: barefoot, clothes you can move in, knee pads & socks optional
price: 300 pln / 80 Euro
rezervations: email@example.com, +48 506 103 207
Feeling stuck? Ready to take the next step in your performing, and/or your choreography/direction? Rosanna Gamson, an award winning and critically acclaimed choreographer based in Los Angeles, teaches her improvisational game system in an intensive workshop hosted by CHOREA Theater Association. The system develops dancers’ and actors’ dynamic range, musicality, interpretive skills and ability to enter deeply into others’ work as an interpretive artist, and gives choreographers and directors a new toolkit for movement invention and new compositional strategies. The workshop offers a rigorous yet constructive investigation of your physicality and your imagination.
"Like the always welcome dinner guest who brings insightful new perspective to any conversation, Gamson is consistently one of L.A.’s most provocatively thoughtful choreographers." (Ann Haskins, LA Weekly)
"Rosanna knows her compositional technique inside and out and is able to communicate these ideas and concepts clearly through her highly developed methods of teaching. She inspired me in ways that pushed my artistic voice and her no-nonsense approach encouraged me to develop my own creative thought processes. I would never be the artist I am today without Rosanna’s invaluable mentorship." (Daniel Charon - Artistic Director, Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company)
"Rosanna is an "Artistic Scientist" who goes inside your brain to analyze your thoughts and your goals and helps you to make them a reality. She gives you many different approaches on how you can choreograph and makes you see a new perspective on how you can create your work when you feel lost and don't quite know the direction you want to take." (Jacques Heim, Artistic Director of Diavolo- Architecture in Motion)
ABOUT THE LECTURER:
ROSANNA GAMSON as Artistic Director of Rosanna Gamson/World Wide (RGWW) has created bi-national collaborative projects in Poland and Mexico, and toured her dance theater works in North America since 2000, and Europe since 2012. RGWW has been presented and commissioned by museums, theaters, and alternative performance spaces both locally and abroad; including REDCAT, the Luckman Theater, Skirball Cultural Center, Getty Center and Grand Performances in LA; Teatro Raul Flores Canelo de CENART, and UNAM, in Mexico City, the Harbourfront Centre in Toronto, and numerous dance and theater festivals in the US and Eastern Europe. RGWW's creation, touring, and travel support includes awards from National Dance Project, National Performance Network, the NEA'S US-Mexico Initiative, Cultural Exchange International, Contacto Cultural and the Trust for Mutual Understanding. Gamson earned her BFA and MFA from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts. She is on faculty at the Sharon Disney Lund School of Dance at CalArts, and founded Terra Nova, an annual choreographic residency for Los Angeles area dance makers.
For more information: rosannagamsonworldwide.org
REGULATIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE WORKSHOPS:
- Workshops can be attended by people over the age of 18.
- Each participant should have up-to-date insurance against accidents. In case of any accident CHOREA Theater is not responsible.
- The workshop participant agrees to publish his/her image for the purposes of the event's coverage and promotion on all media on the Internet, press, television and other types of advertising media.
- The cost of a three-day workshop „The Games”, leaded by Rosanna Gamson, organized by CHOREA Theatre, on 17,18,16th November 2017, is 300 pln / 90 Euro. This is a full workshop fee and can not be reduced depending on the less number of workshop days/hours in which the participant takes part.
- Full payment for participation in the workshop must be recorded in the bank account of the CHOREA Theatre untill 10th of November 2017. If payment is not recorded within the above deadline, the reservation is canceled.
- Payment should be made to: BPH SA 30 1060 0076 0000 3200 0092 1568 (IBAN: PL). The title of the transfer must include the name of the participant and the title of the workshop.
- The organizer may issue a VAT invoice.
- CHOREA Theatre will inform the participant about the received payment by e-mail, and will confirm the participant's attendance to the workshops.
- CHOREA Theatre will return the payment to the sender's account if the participant resigns before the 10th November 2017. Resignation reported after 10th November 2017 means that the participant can not recover his payment.
- If the optimum number of participants will not be collected, the workshop will be canceled and all payments will be returned to the sender's account.
- On 10th November 2017, CHOREA Theatre will send e-mails to all participants informing them whether a workshop group has been created.
- The Organizer has the right to cancel the workshops for reasons beyond his control at a later date. In that case all payments will be returned to the sender's account.
- The organizer provides water, coffee, tea and snacks for the workshop. The organizer does not provide meals, accommodation and does not cover participant's travel expenses.
- The workshops will be conducted in English.
- The final interpretation of the regulations belongs to the Organizer.